Dr. Lazar Stošić,
College for Professional Studies Educators, Aleksinac, Serbia
Keynote Title : “Does the Use of ICT Enable Easier, Faster and Better Acquiring of Knowledge?”
Abstract: This paper aims to examine whether the use of ICT (Information Communication Technologies) enable easier, faster and better acquiring of knowledge. The study included 218 students from College for professional studies educators, Aleksinac, Serbia. A five-point Likert scale for students was designed. The scale was made up of 45 claims and its purpose was to determine whether the use of ICT enhances students’ skills. The results of the research show that the use of ICT enable easier, faster and better acquiring of knowledge. Qualitatively and quantitatively, students’ opinions were given, and hypotheses were confirmed.
Keywords: ICT in education; high education; students’abilities; attitudes of students.
Bio: Dr Lazar Stošić was born 06/13/1973. He is the Doctor of Computer Science. He completed his doctoral studies at the Faculty of Informatics and Information Technologies in 2009, Serbia. Working at the College for Professional Studies Educators, Aleksinac, Serbia. His speciality is educational technology, information technology and computer science. He has over 40 published papers in the country and abroad and one book. He has a large number of licenses and certificates in the field of computer science and education technology. Some of the certificates are from Springer Academy (How to Write and Submit a Journal Article, Journal Author Academy Part 1- Writing your Manuscript, Journal Author Academy Part 2 Submitting and Peer Review, Peer Review Academy, Springer English Academy, Book Author Academy – Certificate). He also serves on Editorial Boards in many journals. He was an honorary professor at the conference in Russia.
Some of the professional activities:
- President and co-founder of the Association for the Development of Science, Engineering and Education, http://www.urnio.org.rs/index.php/2013-07-05-15-01-55
- Editor in chief of the International Journal of Research in Cognitive Science, Engineering and Education (IJCRSEE) www.ijcrsee.com
- Member of the Society for Computer Science, Germany, Number: GI 59631, from 01.07.2009. – Gesellschaft für Informatics e.V. (GI), German Informatics Society, Mitgliedsnummer: GI 59631 AhrstraBe 45, 53175 Bonn, Germany,
- Member of the Society for Science and the Media, E-learning center at the University of Zurich since 2009 – Gesellschaft für Medien in der Wissenschaft (GMW) e. V., E-Learning Center der Universität Zürich, Zürich,
- Member of the program committee of internationally active scientific conference ‘Research paradigms childhood education’, the Conference of Teacher Education Faculty, University of Zagreb. 13 – April 15, 2015, http://www.penta-pco.com/congress/content.php?id=35&pageID=107&lang=HR
- Member of the Organizing Committee of The International Scientific Conference “Innovative educational potential of space and subjects the conditions of education modernization” (20-21 November 2014, Russia, Rostov-on-Don)
- Implementer of four seminars for continuous professional development of teachers, educators, professional associates and head for school 2014/2015 and 2015/2016., accredited by the Institute for the Advancement of Education, in accordance with European ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) standards of IT skills – http://katalog2015.zuov.rs/Default.aspx?oblast=21#kompetencije , no. 180, 181, 182, 183.
- Implementer of four seminars for continuous professional development of teachers, educators, professional associates and head for school 2016/2017 and 2017/2018., accredited by the Institute for the Advancement of Education, in accordance with European ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) standards of IT skills – http://katalog2016.zuov.rs/Default.aspx?oblast=21#kompetencije , no. 215, 216, 217, 218.
- President of the Commission for the evaluation of works of ICT in the Republican contest of technical and IT education, Branko Radičević, Vranje, 18 and 19 April 2014.
- Member of the Organizing Committee IV International Scientific Conference “Innovative educational potential of space and subjects the conditions of education modernization” (21-22 November 2013 Russia, Rostov-on-Don)
- E-Skills Week – on-line exam in the organization of the Unified Association of Serbia, under the auspices of the European Union, the European Commission, the European ICT Assembly (CEPIS), authorized examiner at ‘EBC’ test center of Belgrade, 1-5. March 2010
- Certified tester for taking and receiving ECDL / ICDL licenses’ EBC ”, Advanced Centre in Belgrade, since 2006
Professor Joaquim Jorge
Department of Informatic, University of Lisbon
Editor-in-Chief, Computers & Graphics
Bio: Joaquim Jorge is Full Professor of Computer Science at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST/UTL), the School of Engineering of the Technical University of Lisboa, Portugal, where he teaches User Interfaces and Computer Graphics. He received PhD and MSc degrees in Computer Science from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, in 1995 and a BsEE from IST/UTL in 1984.
He was co-chair of Eurographics’98, which took place in Lisboa, Portugal. He has served as general chair or program chair for many conferences, including International Conference on CAD/Computer Graphics 2013 (Hong Kong), IUI 2012, INTERACT 2011, ECCE’2008 (Funchal, Madeira), CAe2008 (Portugal), WSCG 2006 (Plz, Czech Republic – program co-chair), EGVE’06 and EUROVIS’06 (Lisbon, Portugal May 2006) and EG SBM’05 (Dublin, September 05), SBM’04 (Grenoble, France, September 04), EGMM04 (Nanjing, PRC, October 04) Workshops and EG MM01 (Manchester 2001). A long time practitioner of Computer Graphics, he first joined the Eurographics Association (EG) in 1986, helped organize the first Portuguese Computer Graphics Meeting in 1988 and was a founding member of the Eurographics Portuguese Chapter.
He leads the EG Working Group on Sketch-Based Interfaces and Modeling, served on the EG Promotions Board from 2002 to 2006, on the EG Publications Board from 1997 to 2000, was EG Conference Monitoring Officer for EG2001 and was elected member of the Associations’ Executive Committee from 2000 to 2006. He also serves on the Steering Committees of Expressive Graphics, Computational Aesthetics and NPAR (Non-Photorrealistic Animation and Rendering) conference series.
He was invited as proposal evaluator for the ITR program of the National Science Foundation in 2000, 2001 and 2003 and EU’s IST Fifth framework program, EUREKA and related consultation meetings on many different occasions.
He has been a member of several research projects both at the National and European Level, Including MAXIMUS, IMPROVE and Eurotooling 21 research projects. He was Principal Investigator (PI) of the SmartSketches (IST-2000-28169) project, and led the Alfa INETGAM II-0072-A network of excellence, both started in 2001. He also leads the CGEMS international project, co-funded by the EC Eurographics and SIGGRAPH Associations since September 2002. He participated in several European projects connected to graphics and graphics standardization efforts as a researcher with the Portuguese Computer and Systems’ Engineering Institute (INESC) CAD/CAM group from 1984 to 1989.
He was a consultant with FhG/IGD in Multimodal Interfaces (1999).
He serves or has served on the program committees of over 170 international conferences. Since 2007 he is Editor in Chief of Computers & Graphics Journal and serves or has served on the board board for six other international journals. He is affiliated with ACM (Distinguished Member since 2017, Senior Member since 2007) / SIGGRAPH since 1989, IEEE Computer Society (Senior Member since 2000), IAPR, and was chairman of the Eurographics Portuguese Chapter from 2000-2008. He served as IFIP TC13 (Human Computer Interaction) National Representative from 2000 to 2013. He served on the ACM/SIGGRAPH Educational Committee since 2004-2011 and Small Conferences Committee since 2008. He has also served on the EG Education Board since its inception in 2001. Since Juy 2014 he is Chair of the ACM SIGGRAPH Specialized Conferences Committee. He is an ACM Distinguished Speaker since 2015 and a Member of the ACM Europe Council since 2015.
Joaquim Jorge’s interests are in Calligraphic and Multimodal User Interfaces, Visual Languages and Pattern Recognition techniques applied to Human-Computer Interaction. He is author or co-author of over 260 papers published in peer-reviewed international conferences and publications. He was elected Fellow of the Eurographics Association in 2010. In 2014 he was given the IFIP Silver Core Award for his services to IFIP TC13.
Prof. Dr. Asaf Varol
Chair of Department of Software Engineering
College of Technology, Firat University (Turkey)
Keynote Title: Digital Transformation
Bio. He completed his German Language Education between 1972 and 1973 in Germany. He finished his Machine Engineering Training Course in 1975 in Kassel/Germany with the support of IAESTE grant. He completed his BSc. study at Firat University/Turkey where he was the honored student (highest GPA among students) at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, and he started his MSc. study at the Institute for Nuclear Energy of Istanbul Technical University (ITU) in 1977. He had started as an Engineer at ITU Research Reactor in 1978, and after finishing his master study he had begun to work as a Research Assistant at Firat University in 1979. Between 1981 and 1982 he completed his dissertation experiments at Karlsruhe University in Germany with DAAD scholarship and later earned his PhD from Karadeniz Technical University (KTU) in 1983. He joined academic studies in the field of Computer Systems at Indiana and Purdue Universities in the USA via World Bank scholarship. He was promoted to Associate Professor in Energy Education in 1991.
He established first local University Television Broadcasting System at Firat University. This system has been broadcasting continually since 1991.
He was appointed for the position of Director of Revolving Funds Management of Technical Education College between 1991 and 1996. In 1992, he joined Salford and Bradford Universities in UK for academic studies on computer aided education and design. In 1995, he was invited to Oklahoma State University in the USA to have studies on Vocational and Technical Education, and Informatics. He was promoted to “Full Professor” in the field of Computer Systems Education in 1997. He used DAAD scholarship to work on a project in the field of Robotics at Bremen University/Germany in 1998. Between 1998 and 1999, he took the charge to combine the revolving funds management at Firat University. Specifically, he prepared the regulations and directives related with revolving funds management.
He served as the member of National Informatics Committees at Higher Education Council of Turkey (HECT) between 1999 and 2002. Between 2000 and 2004 he was the founder Dean of Communication College. Between 2003 and 2005, he taught different courses titled Analysis-Engineering Systems, Advance Mechatronics, Pro/Engineer (Solid Modeling), and Statics at West Virginia University in the USA. He was the founder vice president of Siirt University between 2007 and 2008. He held also the Dean of College of Education at Siirt University at the same time.
He was Firat University’s coordinator for the “East Anatolia Development Project” that supported by Ministry of Development of Turkey between 1998 and 2001. Prof. Dr. Asaf Varol was the Director of the Revolving Funds Management of Firat University between 2008 and 2012.
He has been serving as the Chair of Software Engineering Department at Firat University since 2011. He taught Introduction to Digital Forensics and Information Assurance Course at Sam Houston State University in Fall 2013. He is the founder of the Department of Digital Forensics Engineering at Firat University that is the still unique and first in Turkey. He has established a dual degree program between Firat University and Sam Houston State University in 2012.
He is the founder of the Association of Software and Cyber Security in Turkey (http://www.softcybersec.org) which aims to create and develop national software for up-to-date technologies and to defense country against cyber-attacks.
He was founder of the International Symposium on Digital Forensics and Security (http://www.isdfs.org) in 2013. This symposium is organized by consortiums members of Sam Houston State University (SHSU-US), University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR-US), San Diego State University (US), Youngstown State University (US), Petru Maior University, Romania; Politechnic Institute of Cavado and Ave, Portugal, Firat University (TR), Gazi University (TR), Hacettepe University (TR), Balikesir University (TR), Baskent University (TR), HAVELSAN (TR), and Arab Open University (Lebanon). This symposium has been supported by IEEE since 2016.
He was elected as External Quality Examiners of Higher Education Council of Turkey in 2017 and he evaluated the education system of Abant İzzet Baysal University in 2017.
He graduated from the Master program in Public Administration at Sam Houston State University on May 13th, 2017. He is fluent in English and German languages. He is married to Nurhayat and have two sons with three grandchildren.
He has published more than 300 journal papers, books, proceedings, and he has been a columnist at BT/Haber and Gunisigi Newspapers since 1997 where he has a dedicated column.
Editor-in-chief Mathematical Population Studies
Mathematical Population Studies: https://www.tandfonline.com/loi/gmps20